In the Woods one mile east of Kylertown, Pennsylvania, on May 7, 1848 a group of Early Settlers from the area of Kylertown organized the Third District Sunday School, which lead to the beginning of Messiah Baptist Church. On December 31, 1856 , the Old Church as we know it today was completed and the first service was held. That Church was used until the Church had grown and services were overcrowded. On November 8,1959, the congregation moved across the road to a new Church which is the building we currently worship in now. The old Church is still used for many Fellowships and Activities.
The Church desires to be a lighthouse in our community of Kylertown and surroundingareas. "Reaching Beyond the Four Walls" is what we as a Church feel the Lord has Commissioned us to do. We are able to accomplish this by supporting Missionaries and Ministering to those in need. We give the Lord the Glory. Honor and Praise for all the He is accomplishing within Messiah Baptist Church.